We are responsible for processing personal data as described in the privacy statement below. This statement explains how we handle personal data, and clarifies which data we collect and the purposes for which it is used. We also explain how you can manage, change or remove your personal data. We believe it is important that you are properly informed and recommend carefully reading our privacy statement.
Amsterdam IJmuiden Offshore Ports (AYOP), located on De Ruijterkade 7, 1015 AA Amsterdam, is responsible for the processing of personal data and applies the provisions included in this privacy statement.
- Contact details
- Processing of special and/or sensitive personal data
- Purpose of and foundation for personal data processing
- Managing, changing or removing data
- Participation in activities
- Sharing personal data with third parties
- Personal data storage term
- Personal data security
- Automated decision-making
- Website cookies
- Complaints procedure
1. Contact details
Amsterdam IJmuiden Offshore Ports
De Ruijterkade 7
1015 AA Amsterdam
2. Processing of general personal data
We process your personal data because you are a member of our association, and/or participate in an activity we’ve organised and/or have provided the data to us as part of a business relationship. Below is an overview of the personal data we have stored in our databases:
- First and last name
- Company name
- Address details (postal and visiting address)
- Phone number (office and mobile)
- Email address
- Other general (public) personal data you have actively provided in correspondence and/or by phone and/or personal contact (such as information related to your social media accounts)
- Financial and/or general company data (such as Chamber of Commerce number, account numbers and/or data required for determining the contribution level) if required for actions and/or payments resulting from membership and/or activity participation.
3. Processing of special and/or sensitive personal data
In principle we only store the data indicated in section 2, which means we do not store any special and/or sensitive data unless explicitly indicating that this is strictly necessary for participation in and/or realisation of an activity. Examples may include the registration of participants for a member meeting on secure premises (for which a passport/ID and/or license plate is required), dietary preferences for event catering or speeches that require a curriculum vitae and/or photo. Consent will be explicitly requested per activity, stating the purpose of the data collection. Consent is also explicitly requested for sharing data with third parties insofar as this is essential for realisation of the activity. The data will be destroyed immediately after the activity has taken place.
4. Purpose of and foundation for personal data processing
We process your data for the following purposes:
- To make contact (correspondence by post or digitally, contact by phone and/or in person) about issues resulting from AYOP membership and related to the acquisition of new members, information supply/exchange related to association business and/or activity participation.
- To share relevant information related to AYOP business and the sector (agenda/minutes from commissions & work groups, general member meeting information, other association matters and information, information exchange with government bodies and other stakeholders).
- To send newsletters, other mailings and marketing publications and/or invitations to activities (such as member meetings, trade shows, missions, workshops, seminars, conferences and other events).
- To process payments for membership and/or activity participation.
5. Managing, changing or removing data
You are entitled to manage, correct or remove your personal data, retract your permission for data processing and object to the processing of your personal data. In addition, you can submit a request to have us send your personal data to yourself or another organisation that you indicate.
Requests to manage, correct, remove or transfer personal data, retract your permission or object to the processing of personal data should be sent to email@example.com Your request will be handled as soon as possible, and you’ll be informed of the status within four weeks.
You can also remove your data from the distribution list of mailings and newsletters by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ option.
6. Participation in activities
You will be asked to agree with this privacy statement when registering to participate in activities such as member meetings, trade shows, missions, workshops, seminars, conferences, courses, event sponsoring or other events organised on behalf of AYOP.
- This means that you agree with being captured on photo and/or film, and that the images can be used to report on the event and/or for marketing purposes (such as in the newsletter, website, social media or other media publications insofar as they are related to the event in question).
- You also agree with the recording, storage and processing of general personal data provided during the event (via business cards, company brochures, presentations, etc.). This data will only be used for the purposes described in section 4 of this statement.
- We will explicitly ask for your consent as described in section 3 of this statement should special and/or sensitive data be required to realise an activity.
If it is necessary to share data with third parties to realise an activity, the provisions described in section 7 of this statement apply. Examples of such third parties are exhibition organisers, conference organisers, stand builders, transport firms, caterers, media companies, education institutes and/or other companies/institutions involved in organising and/or realising a specific activity. Before data is shared with a third party as described here, the participants are first informed of the name of the organisation/supplier and provided with their contact details so they can always be traced back to your activity registration.
- AYOP has access to the login details created for access to online portals (where applicable) when participating in an activity. These portals are designed to enable participants to request services and/or products online, including creating company profiles and passes/cards, or placing orders and/or raising invoices for events and the like. This data is subject to the provisions related toconfidentiality as described in this statement.
- In all cases – when registering for participation in an activity or during the realisation thereof – you can always exercise your rights related to the protection of personal data as described in section 5 of this statement. Any requests to manage, correct, remove or transfer your personal data, retract your consent or object to the processing of personal data should be sent firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Sharing personal data with third parties
We only supply your data to third parties if this is necessary for the realisation of an agreement (such as participation in an activity) or to comply with legal obligations. We set up a processing agreement to ensure the security and confidentiality of your data with all companies that process them. We will never sell your data to third parties.
8. Personal data storage term
Your personal data is only stored for as long as strictly necessary to realise the goal for which it was collected. In addition to statutory storage terms, we apply the following terms for the various personal data categories:
- Members – for the duration of membership
- Former members – up to 2 years after membership has ended or latest contact (reason: information supply related to AYOP activities may lead to membership being reconsidered)
- Non-members – up to 2 years after latest contact (reason: information supply related to AYOP activities could result in membership)
- Activity participants – up to 2 years after the end of the activity (reason: information supply related to AYOP activities could lead to participation in similar events, (financial) processing of the activity in question)
Photographic and video material is subject to a storage term of 10 years after the end of the event, unless participants submit a request for the destruction of (parts of) the material via email@example.com before this term has passed.
9. Personal data security
We take protection of your data seriously and have the necessary measures in place to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorised access, undesired publication and unauthorised changes. If you feel your data is insufficiently secure or there are indications of misuse, pleasecontact us firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Automated decision-making
We do not make decisions about issues that may have (major) consequences for individuals based on automated processing. This involves decisions made by computer programs or systems without human intervention (such as an AYOP employee). We have entered into processing agreements with all parties involved in the storage and use of personal data (including suppliers of ICT applications and legal services providers, and the like).
11. Website cookies
12. Complaints procedure
Please address any complaints about the storage or processing of your data to email@example.com we can instantly take corrective measures. We also refer you to the option to lodge a complaint with the national supervisor, the Dutch DPA, via this link.