AYOP is looking for: Business Development Manager Offshore Renewables
Would you like to play a part in accelerating the energy transition? Be in daily contact with the parties responsible for creating wind farms at sea? Think about challenging innovations needed for the solutions of tomorrow? And be a point of contact for regional government bodies and educational institutes? If so, this challenging position at Amsterdam IJmuiden Offshore Ports (AYOP), the most energetic association in the Netherlands, is for you!
As business development manager offshore renewables (with a focus on wind and hydrogen) you will strengthen our well-established team and join a network of 115 companies, regional government bodies and knowledge institutes. You’ll also have the opportunity to immerse yourself in a wide range of activities and make an impact by developing a sustainable future on a daily basis.
Your activities as Business Development Manager Offshore Renewables
- be a representative and point of contact for the offshore renewables market in the North Sea Canal region
- have the opportunity to make this role your own
- analyse the offshore renewables market and identify new market segments and opportunities (main focus on the Netherlands and southern part of the North Sea)
- maintain contact with members and stakeholders to ensure you are well-informed, create new opportunities for members and AYOP, and provide people with relevant information
- maintain contact with and follow the activities of other port regions such as Den Helder, Rotterdam and Eemshaven, as well as surrounding port regions where offshore renewables activities take place
- draw up the offshore renewables annual plan and budget, and attract financing/sponsors
- act as sparring partner for the team and Board
- attract new members, enter into new partnerships and stimulate companies to move to the region
- be part of various stakeholder and information sessions and working groups for trade and network associations such as NWEA and TKI Wind op Zee
- shape and stimulate innovations together with Techport
- maintain contact with various educational institutions and Techport to align regional (technical) education and the industry
- report to the director of AYOP
- higher vocational or academic intellectual capacity and working level
- extensive experience, including at least three years in business development
- familiar with working in a complex environment, with a well-developed sense of the interests of all stakeholders and an eye on the long term
- excellent networking skills
- the willingness to travel regularly for exhibitions, seminars and networking events (mainly within Europe), on average once every two months
- representative and communicative with the power of persuasion to apply various influencing styles at all levels
- excellent Dutch and English skills (spoken and in writing)
- preferably a network of companies in the offshore industry or energy sector
- 36-hour working week
- Salary €4,400 to €6,100 a month based on a 36-hour work week (salary scale 12 in accordance with the collective labour agreement (CAO) Havenbedrijf Amsterdam)
- Secondary working conditions in accordance with market standards: company phone and laptop, expenses paid, training opportunities, end-of-year bonus, pension scheme participation, and company car for the team
- A modern, dynamic and enjoyable working environment. AYOP boasts a close team culture in which we work together often, share information and regularly come together socially. We will also remember your birthday and give nice gifts at Easter and Christmas.
- There is room for initiative: you are responsible for the annual plan and can organise the activities and ideas in accordance with the goals and financial frameworks of the association
- Our four-strong team works in the versatile and dynamic working environment of Havengebouw Amsterdam. You’ll be in daily contact with over 115 members and stakeholders
- The location of this position is Amsterdam, but we offer hybrid working options to divide your work between home and office
- Office with the best view in Amsterdam. Easy to reach by public transport. Company car available for the team.
- We apply the Havenbedrijf Amsterdam collective labour agreement (CAO)
- If you have any questions about the vacancy and procedure, contact Sylvia Boer (AYOP director), [email protected]
- Interested? Send your CV and motivation to [email protected].
The Amsterdam IJmuiden Offshore Ports association is a very active network organisation with over 115 companies, seaports and government bodies in the North Sea Canal region as members. These members are all active in offshore energy (oil & gas, and offshore wind) and as an association we strive to steer the business resulting from these sectors to our members. In doing so we are in constant development as an association.
The installation and operation of wind farms at sea in particular provides significant opportunities; especially now the Dutch government aims to install 21 GW in wind energy at sea before 2030. Six huge wind farms will be built in the North Sea off the coast of Ijmuiden over the coming years, all of which are in the catchment area of our ports and businesses. These developments offer AYOP members considerable opportunities and drive our ambitions to a higher level. Will you help us achieve these goals as business development manager?